Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Earth Day Birthday

I have a friend whose birthday is April 22, which is also Earth Day.  I needed to make her a birthday card and this really fits with the challenges at Words to Scrap by and Shopping Our Stash.

I should say that she is a gal from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and is in love with the earth in all ways. She also LOVES buttery yellow.  I found this great 6x6 pad of paper called Wanderlust that I've been saving to make her card and this piece of paper is so her. In the stack there was also a small map of the US so I cut a circle around Michigan, and added it so it kinda looks like a moon.  I know you can't see it in the picture, but I put a little tiny black dot right where her town is in the UP.  

It's simple, just some layers, not a whole lot going on in the way of embellishment or embossing, but I wanted it to be a no nonsense kind of card because that is the kind of person Margy is.  But, then, I just couldn't help myself and added two very tiny rhinestones.  You can hardly see them so it will be ok.

I will a note and birthday sentiment inside which always ends with Happy B-EARTHDAY!   I know she is going to love this card!
American Crafts Wanderlust paper layered with
dark gray cardstock in the back and
a small piece of yellow ribbon that I had many challenges with!

7 comments:

  1. Love the MI die cut! Super cute idea. Thanks for playing along with SOS and W2SB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will totally love the card! I really like your approach to the moon - so fun! And those UPers are sure something, aren't they? it's so pretty up there, too.

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice card and sounds like it is perfect for Margy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun creation! Nice approach to the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! My mum's birthday is April 22 as well!
    Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our joint "The Earth Has Music" challenge with Words2 Scrap By!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper choice for an earthy feel. A perfect card for an earth day birthday. Thanks for joining in at shopping our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, What a perfect card for your nature-loving friend! And, what a great idea to add the map of Michigan to personalize it even more. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete