Monday, May 25, 2015

Smile!

I've been on a quest to figure out how to make a shaker card.  Seemed like it shouldn't be so hard, right?
Tried cutting some circles with the big shot on some clear transparency paper (remember that?) from my friend, Bobbi, but had no luck at all. I just couldn't cut a clean circle.  Ok, there has to be another way to make a shaker without a circle.  I mean, why does it need to be a circle?  It doesn't !!!!

Then I remembered I had these really cute frames from Jillibean and thought that would work really well as the window.  When I saw the Words to Scrap by Challenge #17 - Say Cheese!  I also remembered one of the frames had the word "smile" cut out. Perfect!  I went through my 6x6 pads and found a sheet that had cameras on it.  Perfect again!  All the parts seem perfect, but alas, the card is not so perfect :-(
I used foam tape to pop the frame up, but I'm not crazy about how you can see the edges of it all the way around.  Found out the transparency paper has kind of a yellowish cast to it which I didn't like against the white of the frame and the white in the patterned paper so I sponged some turquoise, green, and teal ink around the frame to break up the white a bit.  Added some sequins and jewels and a stamped image of a camera in the window.



What I've found out since (Youtube) appears the most successful way to make a shaker card is to use fun foam rather than foam tape to pop your window up.  I am going to go buy myself some white fun foam tomorrow and try this again.


1 comment:

  1. Diana, I really admire your perseverance, as well as your thinking-outside-of-the-box strategies for solving crafting problems. Regardless of the challenges you encountered along the way, your card is very cute. Thanks again for joining us at W2SB. :)

    ReplyDelete